About Merryflowers

I am a self taught crocheteer of jewellery and accessories, including necklaces, brooches, earrings, bookmarks and keyrings. All of my items are unique and are handmade using wool and crochet cotton. I do not use glue for any of my items, and all of my multi-piece items are sewn together by hand.

The story of how this blog and my online shop came about is that I have always wanted to have my own business, be my own boss and earn money using a skill all of my own. I've dabbled with a lot of things to try and start this off - writing poetry and stories, origami, painting, drawing, crocheting, reading tarot cards. My very first 'business' was my origami jewellery when I was about 14.... it failed because I couldn't really get away with colouring in my own paper with colouring pencils, and kind of because I wasn't very good at it.

I started crocheting about a year ago and found that I really enjoyed messing about with a hook and wool, although I had no interest in crocheting big things like cardigans and shawls. I don't have the attention span for it. So I started thinking, what if I could crochet tiny things instead? I started looking at patterns for small spirals and flowers and bows and other small crochetable objects (is that a new word - crochetable?) that I could then turn into brooches and necklaces. 

I have since learnt how to create amigurumi (small 3D animals and objects), which has opened up a whole new niche for me as I can now create little keyrings and crochet ornaments. I am constantly improving my crocheting skills and learning new things that I can use in my own unique designs. 


For more information on any of the items in my shop and for queries on commissions, please email me on merryjxx [!at] yahoo.co.uk 


No comments:

Post a Comment